1. All polo shirt orders are due no later than Tuesday, March 17th.
2. Regarding the polo shirts: Some of you have asked questions about sizing. I am unable to get sample shirts from the company. I was told that the shirts run pretty true to size. I'd like to ask a favor of a few present members: Would a few of you bring your chorus shirts with you to this week's rehearsal for a little size show and tell? The sizing won't be exact as the shirt we are ordering comes in unisex sizing only. Marianne tells me that when she was able to order men's and women's sizes when shirts were last ordered. Thanks you!!
3. We worked on Love Will Keep Us Together and Love in Any Language. A note for Love in Any Language - At the end where we split into choir 1 and 2, the first time through everyone will sing the melody - choir 1. The second time through those who will do sign language with me will sing choir 1 and everyone else will sing choir 2. We also ran through Cantique de Jean Racine and Bill Bailey.
4. Homework from Lisa: Work with your CD, especially the Pinkam piece. We will work on Pinkam in detail on Tuesday while we still have Amy. (Have a great vacation Amy!) We will also work on Bill Bailey.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Courtesy of Kate:
Courtesy of Kate:
It sounds like March is definitely going to come in like a lion. At least they're no longer predicting snow for Tuesday . . . Here's the update for this week.
1. Some member news - I mentioned this at the general meeting, but am including it here in case you missed it or couldn't hear. Liz Hetherington's daughter-in-law passed away a few weeks ago. She had a kidney transplant and experienced complications.
2. We are ordering chorus polo shirts. If you need a shirt, please complete an order form and return to me with your payment by March 10th. I'll place one order for all of us. The shirts run pretty true to size. I am attaching the order form to this email for your convenience.
3. A favor for your Membership Chair - A few members have asked if it was possible to see actual shirts for sizing purposes. Would a few members - 3 or 4 - who already have chorus shirts be willing to bring them to rehearsal on Tuesday for a little size show and tell? Thank you!!
4. We listened to recordings of the Armed Forces Salute, Love in Any Language and Wedding Cantata. We also worked on both the Pinkam and Love in Any Language. We also ran through Love Will Keep Us Together (Lisa says we'll start with this one on Tuesday).
5. Last, but most important - homework from Lisa: Work with your part CD. Review all of Pinkam, especially the first movement.